SLITHER: Extended Front Axle with 10.2 link

Hey RCers' The pictures below are of the new "bling", steering links and knuckles. Also of my latest discovery! Since the beginning "Slither" was built to accommodate the EZRUN Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hardbody In doing that the initial wheelbase was around 10.75 inches. However, with the shortest wheelbase ever, the rig is a great performer on the trail and the rocks. But it stilled need something... What was that something? A longer front axle position. After a few hours of "googling", I discovered the process of using the lower links as upper links. I swapped out the stock AXIAL SCX-10 Atomik Lower links to the upper link position and made my own longer links with 9/16" threaded rod and brake line. This new extension gave me a new wheelbase of 11.5" exactly But that's not the best past. After checking out extra parts bag in the 10.2 Trail Honcho kit that was recently purchased. I found that the new 10.2 lower links from part tree AXIAL # AX31552 is the perfect match for running lower links in the upper link position. Thanks to the new 10.2 scx10 plastic links, I can continue to MIDWID! with ProJect "SLITHER"

Comments